We live in the Smart era of hi-tech devices, futuristic cool apartment gadgets, Internet-powered personal items, and many, many more. Either you just bought your first home, or you intend to revamp your domain with high-tech apartment gadgets that will make your life easier, we have the perfect choices for you right here. After all, our tech-savvy generation loves its wi-fi and apps like the desert loves the rain.
1. Smart Robo Vacuum Cleaner
Let’s face it: the best house chores are the ones you do not have to do yourself. Put aside the past decades of classic vacuuming (even if you always hum Queen’s “I Want to Break Free” while getting Freddy’s groove on) and embrace the future: robotic vacuum cleaners.
You can train most robot vacuums to learn how and where to clean your apartment without your lifting a finger (at most, you’re gonna have to raise your feet to let them pass by the couch).
Many smart autonomous vacuums come with a handful of impressive features such as:
- Phone control;
- Scheduled cleans;
- Long battery life;
- Home device integration;
What’s not to love?
2. Smart Wi-Fi Coffee Maker
If you are anything like some people we know (me, me), you won’t utter a word before you’ve had your first cup o’ java ☕, ideally first thing in the morning. Some people are even dangerous when engaged before their daily dose of life commonly known as coffee.
If you want to prevent injuries and start your morning in your human form, a smart Wi-Fi coffee maker is probably the best of all cool gadgets to buy for your apartment. Unlike regular coffee makers, these products allow you to:
- Set timers;
- Program their functions;
- Control them via your smartphone;
- Make the best brew ever: the one you do not have to wait for long. We’re just kidding. Many Wi-Fi coffee machines make excellent coffee.
We have to stress the point: the best coffee makers are the ones that tend to and fulfill your needs, and satisfy them beyond expectations. So make sure you put these smart devices on your cool apartment gadgets list!
3. Smart Thermostat
An efficient home needs more than just smart gadgets. It also requires the best infrastructure to help you enjoy life at home, and do it in supreme comfort ♨️. Now that the house is clean and you have your well-deserved share of hot, flavorful coffee, it is time to grab your smart e-reader and relax on a chilly evening. But how much chill can you take?
A smart thermostat usually comes together with underfloor heating, but it can work with your current heating system as well. You can include the following on its list of great characteristics:
- It allows you to take full control over the temperature and the atmosphere in your home – also, it can do so both when you are in and when you are out.
- A smart thermostat can connect to your phone, so you can set the right warmth level and arrive at a well-heated apartment.
- During the summer months, it can control your air conditioner, so it will help cool you off without sending those unpleasant chills down your spine at the sight of the electric bill.
Make sure you pick one matching your cooling/heating system and enjoy a warm (or colder) home – it’s only some app taps away!
4. Smart Microwave Oven
Microwave ovens do much more than just heat your meals or defrost them or cooking ingredients. Smart microwave ovens, in particular, can:
- Connect via Wi-Fi to other intelligent appliances in your apartment;
- Scan barcodes so you can download cooking instructions;
- Function and operate via voice control;
- Send your phone notifications on the status or your cooking, and more.
There are few things smart and novel microwave ovens cannot do these days (unfortunately, sending pizza slices flying right at you is one of them). But some of their most appealing features are as follows:
- Starts cooking when you tell them to via your smartphone and alert you when the food is ready.
- Tracks your cooking routines and the dishes you most often make to personalize its settings and tailor them to your culinary tastes and habits.
- Offers a blend of convection technology and other heating elements for you to toast, crisp, brown, boil, grill, and air-fry foods.
- Has moisture control sensors that monitor your meals to prevent overcooking or food drying.
- Some smart ovens will even talk to you (it’s not just in my mind then).
- They power-save themselves to conserve energy and money when not in use.
If classic microwave ovens have features that make your cooking habits a delight, smart ones are definitely an upgrade you should consider for your kitchen.
5. (Very) Smart Door Locks
It is the best of times, and it is the worst of times to be alive in this tech-savvy world. Since safety of all kinds is on everybody’s minds these days, we thought of giving you some suggestions regarding the best ways to lock and secure your cool apartment 🔒. After all, what is the use of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the efficient smart homes we build if we cannot protect them too?
What should a smart door lock do? Allow you to enter your house when you find yourself left on the outside, for instance (without calling the locksmith, of course).
More than that, your lock should act like the tech-savvy version of Kevin McCallister and keep the intruders outside at all costs.
Here are the best features of a smart lock to consider before choosing one:
- Integration with your other smart devices
- Connectivity via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth (or both)
- Geofencing/location services
- Guest access
- Alarm tampering notifications
- Voice activation, and more.
A smart alarm is not a bad idea either. Your valuables and of course, yourself, will be a lot safer with a brainy lock and a phone-controlled security system.
List of Cool Apartment Gadgets? Check ✔️
Which of these cool apartment gadgets interest you the most and does your cool apartment boast with one of them already?